Wednesday, May 20, 2009

CST Testing

What is CST Testing?

     If you did not know, CST is an abbreviation for California Standard Test. This test identifies what you have learned during the school year and what you did not really understand. This test usually happens the first 2-3 weeks of May. The CST is a MANDATORY test students need to take because the state wants to know how much the students have learned during the school year and maybe even the years before. For examples, for the 8th graders, they had to take 4 tests, English, Science, Math and History. For History, we were not only tested on U.S History(what 8th grade was studying) but also on the history we learned in 6th and 7th grade. It all depends on the grade level you are at.
    You would usually get the test results around summer which would be in July or maybe August. The test results inform the students(us) by helping us know what we did well on and what we need help. It may also inform us if we really did learn something in the school year. This test reflects on us the students because the High School people like the principle see if we are able to handle what is waiting for us, High School. For myself, I say that I did pretty well on the tests because the questions were much more easy to understand so I usually new the answer. I do admit that there were quite a few hard questions where you had to read very carefully to understand it or just did not make sense in my brain.
    The struggles that I personally have is getting nervous because I am afraid of not answering the easy questions right and getting an F or Far Below Basic on it. I am also afraid on everyone getting a good grade and I am the only one getting the bad grade on the CST.
                                                                                                       #of words: 321

No comments:

Post a Comment