Thursday, May 21, 2009

Middle School Experience

Things to Discuss!!
Well, Middle School experience has been like a Roller Coaster, ups and downs. It has been hard, easy, fun, boring, interesting, weird and so forth but overall, it was nothing compared to Elementary. In the 6th grade, everyone in school were friends and was like starting from 0. For me, I did meet a lot of different kinds of people and their personalities. It was pretty fun but not that much when I started really knowing who my friends really were in the 7th grade. In the 6th grade, we all did not have that much fun. When the 6th graders got to 7th grade, we all new each other and everyone would hang out with different kinds of people than the ones you used to hang out in the 6th grade. For me, 7th grade was the BEST grade level in the Middle School. I say this because the teachers would not be so.... strict. I mean I am not trying to say that in the 8th grade or in the 6th grade teachers were strict it was just that 7th grade teachers had more....patience with us.
7th grade was also that kind of year(for me) where I got to know more about my friends and I also got to know if they WERE really my friends. We did not have that much of field trips compared to the 8th grade but I had a lot of fun with my real friends but at the same time doing my work. I LOVED 7th grade because we had the best teachers EVER!!! One of the funniest and outgoing was Ms. Williams, she was always smiling, joking around and really good in teaching. For Science, we had Ms. Burkett. She was a type of person who you can trust and tell your personal problems to. She also was funny, outgoing, always with a smile, laugh, and and a really good adviser. I say that EVERYONE loved her as a teacher and would really like her to come back and tell us HILARIOUS stories.
I thought that maybe 8th grade would be the same but it turned out not to be. I do admit that 8th grade is fun but with one exception, to much work/projects compared to 6 and 7th grade. I say I really did not expect that much of a work but at the same time, it was not that much of a work. You just had to take your time and effort in order to complete the assignment and get a good grade. It was just that I had lost a lot of work experience during 6 and 7th grade. Teachers did give us sometimes allot of work but not all at the same time(7th grade). Luckily, I NEVER, NEVER got a D or an F in middle school report cards(and I am working on not getting one). Overall, I say that I do try my best when I do my work but not that much in where I deserve in getting an +A. I usually stick to comforting myself with a -B or a B and then I start freaking out when getting a C.
In the 8th grade, we did have more field trips than the 6 and the 7th graders. Like I said before it was fun especially that one time where the 8th graders(and teachers of coarse) went to the beach in the beginning of the 8th grade(first semester and was the BEST field trip). I have changed ALLOT starting from the 6th grade and ending the 8th grade. I've changed by going into a smarty pants into just knowing the regular, not smart but not dumb. I still get good grades and I still like talking face to face not behind people's back. I have also changed my attitude from being that little duckling, not knowing nothing about life to the young adult duck being able to defend myself with my head straight up high. In my Middle School, people view me as a quiet,angel girl.
# of words:677

No comments:

Post a Comment